Happy Paws Pet Resort offers training classes to teach your new puppy or your old friend new talents and bring out their best canine intelligence and potential.
Meet our beloved Trainer - Saul Swinton
Saul Swinton has been obedience training for over twenty years. During this time he has worked with pet owners to solve a great range of behavioral problems. After completing a degree in Animal Health Technology, he spent seven years as an Animal Health Technician, studying the health of animals and the effect of dog therapy on aggressive animals. In addition to training dogs, Saul is an instructor at The New York School of Dog Grooming. Saul has been able to teach students, who are interested in being potential groomers, how to groom and handle aggressive dogs.
One of Saul’s key strengths is his ability to demonstrate ways for owners to bond and create trusting relationships with their dogs, while still maintaining their sense of control. Saul will show you how to communicate effectively with your dog.
Two Group Class Options
Option 1: Puppy Kindergarten (puppies under 6 months old)
Play-n-Learn classes focus on molding puppies into well-adjusted adult dogs. Methods used are positive and puppy-friendly. Saul trains puppies in basic etiquette, indoor and outdoor behaviors, housebreaking, separation anxiety, nipping problems, protective training and much more.
- Trainer will go over any common questions you have regarding puppies.
- Trainer will go over how to teach your pet to respond to your commands.
- 5 commands: Sit, Stay, Come, Down, Heel.
- Trainer will go over how to walk properly on a leash, without pulling.
Option 2: Basic Obedience (dogs over 6 months old and over)
Learning the basics of dog socialization, house manners, and behavioral problems. Living with your dog does not have to be difficult. Trainer will go over how to teach your pet manners. Pets that have manners are polite and socially appropriate.
The trainer will go over any questions or concerns about any basic behavioral problems.
Not all dogs are suitable for Puppy Kindergarten and Basic Obedience. Our obedience classes are group classes, so dogs with aggression issues towards dogs or people may not be suited for our classes. Saul offers private training sessions, please contact us for more information.
Important Class Notes
- Classes are one hour per week for 5 consecutive weeks (inquire within for dates and times).
- Please bring vaccination records to the first orientation class.
- Class size is small to ensure personalized attention.
- Registration fee is $250 for the 5 week program. Happy Paws is now accepting registrants.
Vaccinations & Health:
- All dogs must be in good health. Owners will certify that their dog(s) are in good health and have not been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days. Upon admission, all dogs must be free from any condition which could potential jeopardize other guests. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable disease in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or readmitted.
- In order to provide a healthy environment for all the animals we care for, Happy Paws requires your pet to be vaccinated with the following shots and that documentation is available in order for us to verify. Please be prepared to provide written proof of these shots or arrange to have your vet fax the records to us. NO animal will be allowed entry to Happy Paws without these records.
- The vaccinations needed are Rabies, Bordetella, and 2 rounds of Distemper-Parvo.